This section provides an online reference library for park and community related documents and information. For specific information related to the Chavis Park Community Conversation process, please click here.
1938 Park Name Designation
- Meeting minutes from 1938 designating park as “John Chavis Memorial Park”
- Conservation Easement Deed (restrictions)
- Conservation Easement Map
- To read more about the Neuse River Buffer Rules, click here.
- 2008 Chavis Carousel Landmark Application Report
- Chavis Historic Marker Announcement
- Image of the Chavis Historic Marker
- SPERNA Knowledge Maps: Powerpoint Presentation to the Central CAC and Maps to the Neighborhood’s Past
- SPERNA John Chavis Brochure
- Urban Design Center: Cultural Landscapes and the South Park Community Presentation, by Kofi Boone.
Park Specific Plans & Studies
- South Park Heritage Walk Plan (Chavis excerpt)
- South Park Redevelopment Plan
- South Park Neighborhood Plan
- Prince Hall Historic Overlay
- Garner Road Development Plan